The remote controller is the key to the efficiency and convenience of a PTZ camera. Therefore, to get the most out of your camera model, you need the best PTZ camera controller.
Control devices can be IP PTZ controllers, joysticks, control software, or IR remote controls. Many cameras can switch between two or more of these PTZ control options. This article will help you determine what is best for your video production needs.
I have carefully analyzed the various products available on the market and narrowed them down to the half-dozen most comprehensive camera controllers. They allow you to select camera movements, adjust video quality, and switch between cameras.
People who shoot and direct live video can take advantage of these cameras for the following reasons
Being able to save money. If you can’t afford to bring in extra manpower for a project, these controllers allow you to use multiple cameras, eliminating the need for additional manpower.
Faster operation. Thanks to the preset feature, if you need to quickly perform repetitive operations, such as returning a camera to a predetermined position, you can get it.
Convenience. The controller on this list allows you to pan, zoom, and tilt the camera with the directional keys and d-pad, making it easy for live producers to operate.
Best PTZ Camera Controller
If you use PTZ cameras in your security system, you know how cumbersome it can be to control the unit with a remote control or iPad or iPhone app.
Note that there are several other options, including DVRs and software plug-ins.
But what we bring you today is the best PTZ camera controller you absolutely cannot pass up!
With its built-in LCD menu, convenient one-handed joystick, simple keyboard, and rugged build, it’s the perfect way to control your PTZ! You’ll feel the difference as soon as you plug it into your camera.
Panning, tilting, and zooming have never been easier. It is easier to control the aperture and adjust focus. Also, presets allow for fast control of high-speed dome cameras!
Best PTZ Camera Controller | Comparison Table 2022
|Hsility PTZ Controller Camera Controller POE Network 4D Joystick Decoding Keyboard with 5 Inch LCD Screen||Hsility||Check Price|
|FoMaKo PTZ Controller PoE NDI Camera Controller, IP PTZ Camera Controller Keyboard with 4D Joystick for Live Streaming, PTZ Network Keyboard Visca PELCO D/P RS232 RS485 LCD Screen KC-608||FoMaKo||Check Price|
|AVKANS Super PTZ Camera Joystick Controller, NDI Camera Controller Keyboard with 4D Joystick for Live Streaming, Onvif Visca Over IP RS422 RS485 RS232 Pelco-D/P Support||AVKANS||Check Price|
|PTZ Camera Joystick Controller for POE NDI PTZ Camera , 4D Joystick for Live Streaming, IP Camera Onvif Visca Over IP Supported RS422 RS485 RS232, 2.2 Inch LCD Screen and IP Camera Keyboard Controller||AVIDEONE||Check Price|
|SUNBA Analog 3D Keyboard Joystick Pan Tilt Zoom Controller, for Analog CCTV PTZ Dome Cameras, PELCO D/P RS485||SUNBA||Check Price|
|LEFTEK Video Conference PTZ Controller Decoding Series Keyboard with 5 Inch LCD Screen 4D Joystick POE Function Protocol Connection||LEFTEK||Check Price|
|PTZOptics SuperJoy IP and Serial PTZ Camera Joystick Controller||PTZOptics||Check Price|
|PTZ Camera Controller Video Conference Joystick Keyboard LCD Screen Display RS232 RS485 for Broadcast Church Live Streaming||HCSTVCON||Check Price|
|Hsility PTZ Controller with VISCA/PELCO D/P PTZ Joystick with RS485,RS442,RS232 for Video Conference Camera and PTZ Camera||Hsility||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best PTZ Camera Controller | Reviews 2022
1. Hsility PTZ Camera Controller
- PTZ Controller Multi Compatiable-Thanks for the standard network protocol,the Hsility network PTZ video conference Controller works with Linux system and all other IP PTZ cameras and can set preset patrol pattern and AB scan.Support max 999 equipments at the same time.
- Camera Controller Ergonomics Operation Design-The Hsility PTZ controller ergonomics design for 4D joystick and knob button which is free to control the ptz and zooming function. It also support independetn IP address and IE web setting.
- PTZ Camera Multi Use Scenes-The Hsility Video Conference PTZ Control Keyboard is designed for simple and quick control of speed dome camera accurately and can be used in various important conference venues, for example, government and telecommunications departments, public security, procuratorates, courts, banks, securities, insurance, education, taxation
- PTZ Controller Hard Cover Structure-The surface of the Hsility Network PTZ controller is made of tough aluminum alloy which effectively prevent scratching and damage.The 5 LCD screen display is also excellence and better decoding H.265 and H.264
- Excellent Customer Service-.We are specializing in security product development and system solutions.Feel free to contact us if you have any issue.
The Hsility PTZ Controller Camera Controller is a powerful tool for controlling PTZ cameras in a variety of settings. With its standard network protocol, it is compatible with Linux systems and all other IP PTZ cameras, making it a versatile option for a variety of users. It also allows for preset patrol patterns and AB scans and can support up to 999 pieces of equipment at the same time.
The ergonomics of the Hsility PTZ controller are designed for ease of use, with a 4D joystick and knob button for free control of PTZ and zooming functions. Additionally, it supports independent IP addresses and IE web settings. This makes it an ideal option for use in important conference venues such as government and telecommunications departments, public security, procuratorates, courts, banks, securities, insurance, education, and taxation.
The Utility Network PTZ controller is also built to last, with a tough aluminum alloy surface that effectively prevents scratching and damage. The 5-inch LCD screen display is also of excellent quality and better decoding H.265 and H.264.
Additionally, the company offers excellent customer service and is dedicated to security product development and system solutions. However, it’s important to note that the product is designed for use in the US, and may require an adapter or converter for use in other countries
- Compatible with Linux systems and all other IP PTZ cameras.
- Ergonomic design for easy control of PTZ and zooming functions.
- Can be used in various important conference venues, such as government and telecommunications departments.
- A tough aluminum alloy surface prevents scratching and damage.
- Excellent customer service
- Only compatible with US outlets and voltage.
- May require an adapter or converter for use in other countries.
- No specific information on the capabilities of the 5-inch LCD screen.
2. FoMaKo PTZ Camera Controller
- FoMaKo KC-608 IP PTZ Camera controller completely compatible with VISCA, PELCO- P & D protocol , Supports RS232, RS422, RS485 and Ethernet IP connections.
- POE supported, very easy to use, just one cable to connect to your LAN
- Easy and professional to control PTZ Cameras, Pan, Tilt, Zoom, focus, Iris, backlight, presets, PTZ Speed, quick PTZ Camera select & more.
- Support 4 cameras quick select, max control 255 PTZ Cameras.
- Ethernet IP connection control the IP Streaming PTZ Cameras in your LAN only by one network cable.
The FoMaKo KC-608 IP PTZ Camera controller is a professional device designed to control PTZ cameras, such as pan, tilt, zoom, focus, iris, backlight, and presets. It is completely compatible with VISCA, PELCO- P & D protocol and supports RS232, RS422, RS485, and Ethernet IP connections. It is also equipped with a 2.7-inch LCD screen and a 4D joystick for easy and accurate control.
One of the key features of this controller is its POE (Power over Ethernet) support. This means that it can be connected to a POE Router/Switch via a single network cable, allowing for easy and efficient control of PTZ cameras in a LAN. The controller also supports up to 4 cameras quickly select and can control a maximum of 255 PTZ cameras.
FoMaKo is a leading manufacturer of PTZ cameras for professional video production and live-streaming industrial use. Since being founded in 2016, the company has become known for its innovative designs and high-quality products. The KC-608 IP PTZ Camera controller is no exception, offering faster and more flexible control of PTZ functions via two hands at the same time. Please keep in mind that products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the US, so they may require an adapter or converter for use in other countries.
- Compatible with VISCA, PELCO- P & D protocol
- Supports multiple connections, including RS232, RS422, RS485 and Ethernet IP
- POE (Power over Ethernet) support for easy and efficient control
- 4D joystick for accurate control
- Can control up to 255 PTZ cameras.
- Requires an adapter or converter for international use
- Does not come with batteries
- Limited to control cameras only in LAN
3. AVKANS PTZ Camera Controller
- AVKANS PTZ Camera joystick controller completely compatible with Onvif, Visca over IP, SONY Visca, VISCA, PELCO- P & D protocol , Supports RS232, RS422, RS485 and Ethernet IP connections.
- PoE Enable, very easy to use, with one ethernet cable, you can power on this controller, and control all the cameras easily.
- Easy and professional to control PTZ Cameras, Pan, Tilt, Zoom, focus, Iris, backlight, presets, Pan Tilt Speed, zoom speed, camera menu, IMAGE FLIP, image freezed and more.
- Support 6 cameras shortcut. You can control up to 255 pcs PTZ Cameras.
- Ethernet IP connection control the IP Streaming PTZ Cameras in your LAN only by one network cable.
- Better IP controller in the market. Compatible with PTZoptics PTZ Camera, JVC PTZ Camera, AVKANS Cameras, Honey Optics 4K NDI Camera, Marshall PTZ Camera, AVIPAS PTZ camera, SMTAV PTZ Camera, Fomako PTZ camera and so on.
- 6 DIY buttons: You can customize 6 buttons according your requirement, by entering visca command.
The AVKANS Super PTZ Camera Joystick Controller is a professional-grade device designed to make controlling PTZ cameras easy and efficient. This joystick controller is fully compatible with Onvif, Visca over IP, SONY Visca, VISCA, PELCO- P & D protocol, and supports RS232, RS422, RS485, and Ethernet IP connections. With PoE enable the feature, this controller can be powered on with just one Ethernet cable, making it easy to control all the cameras on a network.
This controller is packed with features that make it easy to control PTZ cameras. It allows for control of pan, tilt, zoom, focus, iris, backlight, presets, pan tilt speed, zoom speed, camera menu, IMAGE FLIP, and more. It also supports 6 cameras shortcut and can control up to 255 pcs PTZ Cameras.
The Ethernet IP connection allows for control of IP Streaming PTZ Cameras in a LAN with just one network cable. The controller is compatible with PTZoptics PTZ Camera, JVC PTZ Camera, AVKANS Cameras, Honey Optics 4K NDI Camera, Marshall PTZ Camera, AVIPAS PTZ camera, SMTAV PTZ Camera, Fomako PTZ camera, and more.
The AVKANS PTZ Camera joystick controller also has 6 DIY buttons that can be customized according to the user's requirement by entering visca command. It also has Multi-color key illumination indicator that directs operation to specific functions, Tally GPIO output for indicating the camera is currently controlled, and supports both POE and 12V DC power supplies. The controller has a metal housing with 2.2 inch LCD display, a 4D joystick, and 5 rotation buttons which give it a professional feel.
- Compatible with multiple protocols, including Onvif, Visca over IP, and Pelco-P & D.
- Easy to set up and use with one Ethernet cable for power and control.
- Can control up to 255 PTZ cameras on a single network.
- Has 6 quick call-up keys and 6 user-assignable keys for shortcut functions.
- Metal housing with LCD display, 4D joystick, and 5 rotation buttons for a professional feel.
- Only compatible with Windows devices.
- May require an adapter or converter for use in other countries.
- Only supports POE and 12V DC power supplies.
4. AVIDEONE PTZ Camera Controller
- 【Multiple Protocol Compatability】The PTZ Joystick Controller has a variety of control interfaces including IP, RS-422/ RS-485/ RS-232.The rich control interface makes it easy to match camera connections of different interfaces. It offers cross protocol mix-control on one controller operating Protocol by VISCA, VISCA Over IP, and Pelco P&D.Control multiple different PTZ camera brands simultaneously.
- 【Extensive Functionality】Control up to total of 255 IP cameras on a single network with PoE support. The Joystick Controller offers the ability to quick control of exposure, shutter speed, iris, compensation, white balance, focus, pan/tilt speed, zoom speed.
- 【With Keyboard Controller and Joystick】High-quality joystick enables you to control the speed of your pan, tilt, and zoom.Tactile feel with professional rocker/ seesawswitch for zoom control. with User-assignable keys×3, Lock×1, Menu×1, BLC×1, Rotation button×5, Rocker×1,Seesaw×1.
- 【PTZ Controller Design, LCD Screen】Aluminum alloy anodized fuselage, upgrade the product grade, and ensure the heat dissipation and stability of equipment. with 2.2 inch LCD display, LCD screen display the operate status, displays the camera address, camera name, control protocol and protocol related information ect.
- 【POE& DC Power Support】You can use not only traditional DC power supply but also POE power supply to set up in various locations. Package include: 1× controller, 1× 12V DC power adapter, 1× 9 PIN GPIO connector.
The AVIDEONE PTZ Camera Joystick Controller is a wired controller designed for use with POE NDI PTZ cameras. It features a 4D joystick for live streaming and is compatible with IP cameras that use Onvif Visca Over IP, RS422, RS485, and RS232 protocols. The controller also has a 2.2-inch LCD screen and an IP camera keyboard controller.
One of the key features of this controller is its compatibility with multiple protocols, allowing it to easily match with camera connections of different interfaces. It also offers cross-protocol mix-control on one controller, operating with Protocols like VISCA, VISCA Over IP, and Pelco P&D. This allows users to control multiple different PTZ camera brands simultaneously.
The controller also has extensive functionality, allowing you to control up to a total of 255 IP cameras on a single network with PoE support. The Joystick Controller also offers the ability to quickly control settings such as exposure, shutter speed, iris, compensation, white balance, focus, pan/tilt speed, and zoom speed.
Additionally, it has a high-quality joystick, user-assignable keys, and a variety of other features such as POE & DC power support and a durable aluminum alloy anodized fuselage for heat dissipation and stability.
- Compatible with multiple protocols including IP, RS-422/ RS-485/ RS-232
- Able to control up to 255 IP cameras on a single network
- Quick control of various camera settings
- High-quality joystick and user-assignable keys for easy operation
- Durable aluminum alloy anodized fuselage for heat dissipation and stability
- Only compatible with PTZ cameras that use POE NDI
- Wired connectivity limits mobility
- Requires an adapter or converter for use in international locations
5. SUNBA PTZ Camera Controller
- 3D PTZ Controller/Keyboard for AHD, Analog, HD-CVI, HD-TVI and HD-SVI PTZ Cameras
- Simple Setup ; Compatible with Hikvision, Dahua and other mainstream DVR and analog PTZ cameras with RS485 Interface
- Attention: Not compatible with IP Network Cameras. EIA/RS485 Control, Maximum Working Capacity: 16 DVR/64 Cameras or Decoders
- LCD Display; 1.2 Km Communication Distance (4000ft); Made of ABS Material; Backlight available.
- 1-yr manufacturer warranty on parts and lifetime technical support; 30 days No Hassle Return.
The SUNBA Analog 3D Keyboard Joystick Pan Tilt Zoom Controller is a versatile and user-friendly device that allows you to control analog PTZ cameras with ease. This controller is compatible with a variety of mainstream DVR and analog PTZ cameras, including Hikvision, Dahua, and other brands with RS485 interface. This means that you can use it with a wide range of cameras, making it a useful tool for professional surveillance systems.
The setup process for this controller is simple and straightforward, allowing you to quickly and easily configure it to work with your cameras. The controller also features an LCD display with a backlight, which makes it easy to navigate and control your cameras even in low light conditions. Additionally, the controller has a communication distance of up to 1.2 km (4000 ft), which is a significant advantage, as it allows you to control your cameras from a distance.
One of the greatest advantages of the SUNBA Analog 3D Keyboard Joystick Pan Tilt Zoom Controller is the 1-year manufacturer warranty on parts and lifetime technical support. This means that if you encounter any issues with the controller, you can contact the manufacturer for assistance and they will help you resolve the problem.
Additionally, the controller comes with a 30-day Hassle Return policy, which gives you the option to return the product if you are not satisfied with it. However, it's important to note that this controller is not compatible with IP network cameras and products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the US and may require an adapter or converter for use in other countries.
- Compatible with a variety of analog PTZ cameras including Hikvision and Dahua.
- Simple setup process.
- LCD display with backlight.
- 1.2 km communication distance.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty and lifetime technical support.
- Not compatible with IP network cameras.
- The joystick must be connected to the camera via an RS485 interface with correct +/- polarity.
- Products with electrical plugs are designed for use in the US, but may require an adapter or converter for use in other countries.
6. LEFTEK PTZ Camera Controller
- The S3 Network Video Conference PTZ Control Keyboard is designed for simple and quick control of speed dome camera accurate and can be used in various important conference venues, such as government and telecommunications departments, public security, procuratorates, courts, banks, securities, insurance, education, taxation, etc
- The S3 Network PTZ Video Conference Controller offers Standard Protocol and Linux system to compatible with all kinds of IP PTZ cameras to set preset patrol pattern and AB scan and support max 999 equipments
- Support network control with independent IP address, 4D joystick control ptz function, , IE web setting ,knob for zoom and control speed and POE Function
- The surface of the S3 Network PTZ controller is made of hardening aluminum alloy which effectively prevent scratching and damage.The 5 LCD screen display is excellence and better decoding H.265 and H.264
- PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR ANY PROBLEM.We are specializing in security product development and system solutions . Relying on its own video technically strong R & D capabilities, one-stop customization to meet customer demand and provide customers with OEM / ODM services
The LEFTEK S3 Network Video Conference PTZ Control Keyboard is a powerful and versatile controller designed for simple and quick control of speed dome cameras. It is suitable for use in various important conference venues, such as government and telecommunications departments, public security, procuratorates, courts, banks, securities, insurance, education, taxation, etc.
The S3 Network PTZ Video Conference Controller offers standard protocol and Linux system compatibility with all kinds of IP PTZ cameras to set preset patrol patterns and AB scans and supports up to 999 equipment.
One of the key features of this controller is its network control with independent IP address, 4D joystick control PTZ function, IE web setting, knob for zoom and control speed and POE function. The surface of the S3 Network PTZ controller is made of hardening aluminum alloy which effectively prevents scratching and damage.
Additionally, it features a 5-inch industrial LCD screen with a resolution of 800x480 for real-time monitoring, and decoding of H.265 and H.264, and it supports preset patrol patterns and AB scans. It also has custom function buttons and a knob for zoom and control speed.
The controller is designed for use with electrical plugs in the US, but it may require an adapter or converter for use in other countries. It is a corded electric device with a power consumption of less than 5W, and it has a DC12V-2A power supply. It has a temperature range of -10℃
55℃ / 14°F131°F and a humidity range of 20%~80%frostless. Its size is 297mmX210mmX118.7mm and has a weight of 890g. In case of any problem, customers can contact LEFTEK customer service for assistance. The company specializes in security product development and system solutions.
- Simple and fast control of speed dome cameras
- Compatible with all kinds of IP PTZ cameras
- 4D joystick control PTZ function for accurate control
- 5-inch industrial LCD screen for real-time monitoring
- POE function for easy setup
- May require an adapter or converter for use in other countries
- Not specified for outdoor use
- Not specified for wireless connection
7. PTZOptics PTZ Camera Controller
- POWERFUL & VERSATILE PRODUCTION EXPERIENCE: Introducing the PTZOptics SuperJoy, a PTZ camera joystick controller designed for smooth, efficient production workflows. Create 4 Camera Control Groups with Up to 7 Devices Each. The SuperJoy takes remote pan, tilt, and zoom camera operations to the next level in a simplified user interface with advanced controls for power users.
- STREAMLINED REAL-TIME PRODUCTION: The SuperJoy offers an intuitive, tactile interface, simplifying and streamlining even the most complex production setups.Use the built-in decoder with HDMI output for setup and monitoring, while current configuration status is displayed on the SuperJoy’s built-in LCD screen.
- FROM POWER USERS TO NOVICES: With three user-centered control modes designed to accommodate varying skill levels, the SuperJoy offers unparalleled flexibility for production teams of all backgrounds and experiences.
- CUSTOM CONTROL: The PTZOptics SuperJoy Joystick Controller is a comprehensive solution supporting mix-and-match serial and network-based control for PTZ cameras of any generation. Simultaneous pan, tilt and zoom control across IP, NDI, and serial cameras from multiple brands including PTZOptics, HuddleCamHD, Sony, BirdDog, and NewTek
The PTZOptics SuperJoy is a professional-grade joystick controller designed for smooth and efficient production workflows. With the ability to control up to 28 PTZ cameras using various protocols such as NDI, VISCA, VISCA-over-IP, Pelco-P, and Pelco-D, this controller offers unparalleled flexibility for production teams of all backgrounds and experiences.
The SuperJoy supports mix-and-match serial and network-based control for PTZ cameras of any generation, allowing you to simultaneously control multiple brands such as HuddleCamHD, Sony, PTZOptics, BirdDog, and NewTek.
The SuperJoy offers an intuitive and tactile interface that simplifies even the most complex production setups. With three user-centered control modes, this controller allows you to customize the controls for pan, tilt, zoom, and other camera settings.
The built-in decoder with an HDMI output allows you to send the camera video to a remote streaming unit, and the status information can also be included in the output. Additionally, the SuperJoy offers glowing buttons for working in the dark, 255 camera presets, nine quick presets, and four super preset buttons.
The SuperJoy is a comprehensive solution that comes with an 8' long RS-232C cable and 12 VDC power supply, or it can be powered using Power-over-Ethernet (PoE). The device also includes a built-in LCD screen to display the current configuration status.
With its powerful and versatile features, the PTZOptics SuperJoy is an ideal solution for professional production teams looking for a smooth and efficient workflow. However, it is only compatible with Windows devices and may be quite expensive for some users.
- Can control up to 28 PTZ cameras using various protocols.
- Intuitive and tactile interface for streamlined production.
- Three user-centered control modes for flexibility.
- Customizable controls for pan, tilt, zoom, and other camera settings.
- HDMI output for remote streaming and monitoring.
- Only compatible with Windows devices.
- The device is large and may be cumbersome to use.
- The device is quite expensive.
8. HCSTVCON PTZ Camera Controller
- Adopt RS485, RS422, RS232 multiple interface control signals, max up to 255 cameras and 255 presets.
- The PTZ Controller Support PELCO-D,PELCO-P and VISCA Control protocol
- 4D joystick and button controls precisely control camera rotation, zoom, aperture, focus and other parameter settings.
- Metal shell, computer keyboard button design.
- LCD display in English，Real-time display of the working status of the decoder and matrix.
The PTZ Camera Controller is a device designed for use in video conferencing, live streaming, and broadcast applications, particularly in churches. It is equipped with multiple interface control signals, including RS485, RS422, and RS232, allowing it to connect to up to 255 cameras and 255 presets. The controller supports PELCO-D, PELCO-P, and VISCA Control protocols, giving users a wide range of options when it comes to controlling their cameras.
One of the key features of the PTZ Camera Controller is its 4D joystick and button controls. These allow users to precisely control the rotation, zoom, aperture, focus, and other parameter settings of their cameras, ensuring that their shots are always accurate and professional-looking. The controller also features a metal shell and a computer keyboard button design, making it both durable and easy to use.
The PTZ Camera Controller also comes equipped with an LCD display that displays information in English, allowing users to keep an eye on the working status of the decoder and matrix in real time. Additionally, it has a unique control code learning function that allows customers to modify the control code instructions by themselves.
With the support of various protocols and communication interfaces, the controller can work in different environments and situations. The longest communication distance is up to 1200M (0.5MM twisted pair), and it has an automatic recovery function of short circuit overcurrent protection which makes sure the controller will work stably and smoothly.
- Can control up to 255 cameras and 255 presets.
- 4D joystick and button controls provide precise camera control.
- Metal shell and computer keyboard button design are durable and easy to use.
- LCD display provides real-time information in English.
- The unique control code learning function allows for the customization of control codes.
- The product is primarily focused on PTZ cameras, and may not be as useful for other types of cameras.
- The longest communication distance is only up to 1200m (0.5mm twisted pair), which may not be enough for some users.
- The product is designed for video conferencing, live streaming, and broadcast application, it may not be suitable for other uses.
9. Hsility VISCA PTZ Camera Controller
- Multiple Compatible:Thank to the VISCA, PELCO- P & D protocol,the ptz keyboard could work with all devices that support VISCA,PELCO-P & D protocol. And built in RS232, RS422, RS485 port to control the camera
- Basic Function Command: Pan, Tilt, Zoom, focus, Iris, backlight, presets, quick cam select & more Three-Axis Joystick w/ Pan, Tilt, Zoom Controls
- LCD Display: On Screen Display with Real time status display
- Durable Metal Housing, RS-232 Cable and 12VDC Power Supply Included
- Hsility is a nationwide specialty manufacture.We have taken our consumer-oriented philosophy that has served us well in our local community, and expanded it to serve customers nationwide.Feel Free to contact us for any issue.
The Hsility PTZ Controller is a versatile and professional-grade device designed for video conferencing cameras. It offers a wide range of features and compatibility options, making it a perfect choice for controlling PTZ cameras. With its built-in VISCA, and PELCO-P & D protocol, the controller can work with all devices that support these protocols. Additionally, the controller has built-in RS232, RS422, and RS485 ports to control the camera, allowing for greater control and flexibility.
The controller features a three-axis joystick with pan, tilt, and zoom controls, making it easy to navigate and control the camera. The controller also has an on-screen display with a real-time status display, providing users with important information such as camera status and settings. The controller is also built to last with its durable metal housing, as well as an included RS-232 cable and power supply.
The Hsility PTZ Controller also offers the ability to control up to 255 cameras with one joystick, making it a great choice for larger video conferencing setups. The controller also has camera-switching hotkeys, allowing users to quickly switch between different cameras with just a few button presses. The controller also supports industry-standard protocols, making it compatible with any mix of PTZ cameras that use either VISCA, PELCO-D, or PELCO-P protocols.
- Compatible with VISCA, PELCO-P & D protocols, allowing it to work with a wide range of devices.
- Three-axis joystick with pan, tilt, and zoom controls.
- On-screen display with real-time status display.
- Durable metal housing and included RS-232 cable and power supply.
- Control up to 255 cameras with one joystick.
- Battery-powered, so it may require frequent charging.
- Only supports specific communication protocols (RS232, RS422, RS485).
- May not be compatible with certain cameras or systems.
How To Choose The Best PTZ Camera Controller | Ultimate Guide 2022
I hope you understand that these controllers vary in design, function, type, ease of operation, and price. So for some, a particular unit may be a good choice, while others may not give it a thumbs up!
With that in mind, this particular segment will focus on what are the key factors to look for in the best PTZ camera controller for your purposes! Interested? Let's get started - and let's get started!
Choosing the best PTZ camera controller requires you to keep several important features in mind.
The following are important factors to consider when making your decision
- Ease of use
Ease of Use
One of the most important features of a PTZ camera controller is ease of use.
You need to make sure that the controller is easy to set up and intuitive to use. Otherwise, you may end up dissatisfied with the product.
There are several points to consider when evaluating ease of use, including
Look for a controller with a user-friendly interface. The last thing you want is to have trouble understanding how to use the product.
It is also important that the controls are simple and easy to understand. Also, fumbling with a complicated control panel is the last thing you want.
Finally, make sure that the instructions are easy to understand. Otherwise, you may end up with a product that is complicated to use.
Another important point is compatibility. You need to make sure that the controller is compatible with your PTZ camera.
To assess compatibility, there are several things to check, including
Make sure the controller uses the same connection type as the PTZ camera. If not, it will probably be difficult to connect the two devices.
You should also make sure that the controller's input/output ports are the same as those of the PTZ camera. If not, it may be difficult to connect the two devices.
Finally, verify that the controller's power requirements are the same as those of your PTZ camera. If not, you may not be able to use your product.
Another important point to consider is connectivity. Make sure that the controller you select can connect to your PTZ camera.
There are several points to consider when evaluating connectivity, including
- Number of channels supported by the controller
- Number of cameras the controller can connect to
- The controller's range
- Whether the controller supports wireless connectivity
- The controller you choose should be designed to last in terms of durability.
There are several points to consider when evaluating durability, including
- Controller material
- Weight of the controller
- Whether the controller is waterproof
- Level of protection offered by the controller
Design is an important feature when choosing a mobile camera controller. You should make sure that the controller you choose is designed for your specific needs.
For example, if you need a controller for security cameras, you need to make sure it has features such as password protection and tamper-resistance.
Let's say you need a PTZ camera controller for a more creative application, such as live streaming or video production.
In this case, you need to make sure it has features such as speed control and smooth panning. Whatever your needs, make sure the controller you choose is designed with those needs in mind.
Number of devices to add
This is a very important step when choosing a controller keyboard. Make sure it can handle the number of devices you are about to bring online. For organizational applications with up to 255 devices, the last two units (9th and 10th) are highly recommended.
Alternatively, you can use a Panasonic touchscreen PTZ controller that supports up to 200 devices. However, for lower numbers, something like the HuddleCam is the best PTZ camera controller in our opinion.
Most models have 3-axis joysticks, but few have 4D. Note that each has different functions and features.
Most units support several connectivity protocols, including half-duplex and full-duplex. However, some cannot work with RS485 or RS422 protocols due to their specifications. So you need to be aware of this to make the right choice.
Let us assume that the controller will be used indoors and outdoors. Therefore, you need to choose a product with robust construction. We have carefully selected higher quality ptz controllers with robust metal enclosures.
However, some of them do not use metal frames and have slight differences in performance and functionality. Now, the priority should be set on that side.
Price is also an important factor when choosing a PTZ camera controller. You want to find a controller that fits your budget.
However, you should not forget that you get back what you pay for.
If you need a good quality controller with all the accessories you will probably have to pay more.
On the other hand, if you don't need all the features, you can save money by choosing a more basic model.
Ultimately, the price is up to you, but whatever your budget, find a controller that meets your needs without breaking the bank.
Performance is also an important factor when choosing a PTZ camera controller. The performance of a controller directly affects the operation of a PTZ camera. Read reviews and compare performance specifications before making a final decision.
The performance of a PTZ camera controller can also be evaluated by its features. The more features a controller has, the better its performance. Look for controllers with features such as automatic tracking, night vision, zoom control, etc.
Functionality is also an important factor when choosing a PTZ camera controller. Some controllers are very basic, allowing only the pan, tilt, and zoom functions of the camera.
Others are more advanced and can control focus, iris, shutter speed, white balance, and exposure. If a PTZ camera is to be used for professional purposes, it is best to choose a controller with more advanced features.
However, if you are using a PTZ camera only for home security, a more basic controller will suffice.
What are the advantages of using a PTZ camera controller?
There are several advantages to using a PTZ camera controller. Most importantly, it allows for more precise operation.
With a PTZ camera controller, you can fine-tune the position of the camera, which is very useful when trying to get the perfect shot. Another advantage of using a PTZ camera controller is that it saves time.
Using a PTZ controller allows you to move the camera to any position quickly and easily.
How do I choose a PTZ camera controller?
There are a few things to consider when choosing a PTZ camera controller. The first is the size of the controller. If you are using a large PTZ camera, you will need a larger controller.
The second is the number of buttons on the controller. Some controllers have more buttons than others. If you want to use all the features of a PTZ camera, you will need a controller with more buttons.
What is a PTZ controller?
It is a device with a joystick and keyboard. Its purpose is to control PTZ cameras in a security system. As the name implies, it can control pan, tilt, and zoom. In addition, it can control the aperture and focus on the subject.
How many cameras can be connected to one controller?
It depends on the capacity of the camera. There are controllers on this list that have the ability to work with a wide variety of devices. For example, the first HuddleCam series controller can connect to six cameras. And the FoMaKo conference camera controller can handle up to 255 devices. Needless to say, there are several other suitable options.
Does the PTZ controller have a touch screen?
Panasonic's touchscreen PTZ controller is the only one on this list. It has a large touch screen, which is very useful because it allows for smarter operation. However, this feature is very rare and not available on other devices.
Do I Need A Controller For A Ptz Camera?
Yes, you will need a controller for a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera in order to control its movements and zoom function. The controller allows you to remotely adjust the camera's position and zoom level, which can be very useful in a variety of settings, such as surveillance, video conferencing, live events, and more.
There are different types of controllers available for PTZ cameras, including physical controllers with buttons and joysticks, as well as software-based controllers that can be installed on a computer or mobile device. Some PTZ cameras also come with their own controllers or can be integrated with other systems such as video management software or automation systems.
When choosing a PTZ camera and controller, it's important to consider factors such as the camera's range of motion, zoom capabilities, and compatibility with different types of controllers. You may also want to consider whether the controller is easy to use and offers features such as presets or automated movements that can make it easier to operate the camera.
How Do I Control My Ptz Camera?
There are different ways to control a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera, depending on the type of camera and controller you have. Here are some common methods:
- Physical Controller: Many PTZ cameras come with physical controllers that have buttons and joysticks to control the camera's movements and zoom function. To use the controller, simply connect it to the camera and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Software-Based Controller: Some PTZ cameras can be controlled using software-based controllers that can be installed on a computer or mobile device. These controllers allow you to control the camera's movements and zoom function using a graphical interface or virtual joystick.
- Web Browser: Some PTZ cameras have a built-in web interface that allows you to control the camera using a web browser. Simply access the camera's web interface using its IP address, username, and password, and you should be able to control the camera's movements and zoom function.
- Third-Party Software: There are many third-party software applications available that can control PTZ cameras from different manufacturers. These software applications typically provide more advanced features than the manufacturer's software and may be able to control multiple cameras from different locations.
When controlling a PTZ camera, it's important to start with small movements and zoom levels to avoid over-adjusting the camera. You may also want to use presets or automated movements to make it easier to control the camera and avoid sudden or jerky movements.
Can Obs Control A Ptz Camera?
Yes, OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) can control a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera if the camera supports control via VISCA protocol or another compatible protocol. OBS can send commands to the camera through a hardware controller or software-based controller to control the camera's movements, zoom function, and other settings.
To set up OBS to control a PTZ camera, you will need to first ensure that your camera supports control via a compatible protocol, such as VISCA. Next, you will need to connect the camera to your computer using an appropriate interface, such as USB, Ethernet, or serial cable.
Once the camera is connected, you can use OBS with a hardware controller or software-based controller to control the camera's movements and zoom function. OBS supports a wide range of hardware controllers, including physical controllers with buttons and joysticks, and software-based controllers that can be installed on a computer or mobile device.
To use a hardware controller with OBS, you will need to configure the controller settings in OBS to map the buttons and joysticks to the appropriate camera control commands. To use a software-based controller, you will need to install the controller software and connect it to OBS using a plugin or other integration method.
Overall, OBS provides a powerful and flexible platform for controlling PTZ cameras and other video sources for live streaming, recording, and other applications.
What Is The Price Of a Ptz Controller?
The price of a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera controller can vary depending on the features, brand, and quality of the controller. Generally, a basic physical PTZ controller with buttons and joysticks can cost anywhere from $50 to $500, depending on the brand and quality.
More advanced physical controllers with additional features such as LCD displays, programmable buttons, and automation capabilities can cost up to $1,000 or more.
Software-based PTZ controllers, which can be installed on a computer or mobile device, are typically less expensive than physical controllers. Some software-based controllers are free or low-cost, while others can cost several hundred dollars.
Keep in mind that some PTZ cameras come with their own controllers or can be controlled using third-party software or hardware. When purchasing a PTZ camera and controller, it's important to consider the compatibility and features of both components to ensure that they meet your needs and budget.
Can You Control Ptz Camera Through USB?
Yes, it is possible to control a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera through USB, depending on the camera and the software you are using. Many PTZ cameras support USB connectivity and can be controlled through the USB interface using appropriate software or drivers.
To control a PTZ camera through USB, you will need to connect the camera to your computer using a USB cable, and then install the appropriate drivers and software for your camera. The software will typically provide a graphical interface or virtual joystick that allows you to control the camera's movements, zoom function, and other settings.
It's important to note that not all PTZ cameras support USB connectivity for control, so you should check the specifications and documentation of your camera to determine if this is possible. Additionally, some cameras may require additional hardware or software to enable USB control, so be sure to research the requirements for your camera before attempting to control it through USB.
Overall, USB connectivity can provide a convenient and simple way to control a PTZ camera, especially if you are using a computer-based system for video production, streaming, or conferencing.
Do Ptz Cameras Need More Power?
PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras generally require more power than fixed cameras due to the additional motors and moving parts used for pan, tilt, and zoom functions. However, the power requirements of a PTZ camera can vary depending on the camera's size, motor strength, and other factors.
To ensure that a PTZ camera has sufficient power, it's important to consider the camera's power requirements and available power sources when planning your installation. Most PTZ cameras will have a specified power rating in the manufacturer's specifications, which can help you determine the amount of power required.
In general, PTZ cameras are powered using one or more of the following methods:
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): Many PTZ cameras support PoE, which allows the camera to receive both power and data through a single Ethernet cable. PoE can simplify installation and reduce the need for additional power cables or outlets.
- External power supply: Some PTZ cameras require an external power supply, which may be included with the camera or sold separately. The power supply may connect to the camera using a dedicated power cable or adapter.
- Battery power: Some PTZ cameras are designed for portable use and may be powered by internal or external batteries. These cameras may have lower power requirements than wired cameras but may need to be recharged or have their batteries replaced more frequently.
In summary, while PTZ cameras do generally require more power than fixed cameras, the power requirements can vary depending on the camera and the installation method used. It's important to consider the camera's power requirements and available power sources when planning your installation to ensure that the camera has sufficient power and operates reliably.
How Do I Setup My Ptz Controller?
Setting up a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera controller involves several steps, including connecting the controller to the camera, configuring the controller settings, and testing the camera movements. Here's a general overview of how to set up a PTZ controller:
- Connect the controller to the camera: Depending on the type of controller you are using, you may need to connect it to the camera using a dedicated cable or adapter. Make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper connection.
- Configure the controller settings: Most PTZ controllers have settings that need to be configured before they can be used with a camera. This may include setting the communication protocol, camera address, and other settings. Refer to the controller's manual or user guide for instructions on how to configure the settings.
- Test the camera movements: Once the controller is connected and configured, you can test the camera movements using the controller. Make sure the camera is powered on and in a position where you can observe the movements. Test each movement function (pan, tilt, and zoom) to ensure that the camera responds correctly to the controller commands.
- Adjust the controller settings as needed: If you encounter any issues with the camera movements or controller operation, you may need to adjust the controller settings. Refer to the controller's manual or user guide for troubleshooting tips and solutions.
- Calibrate the camera: Once the camera is responding correctly to the controller commands, you may want to calibrate the camera to ensure smooth and accurate movements. This may involve adjusting the camera's preset positions, speed, and other settings.
Overall, setting up a PTZ camera controller can be a straightforward process as long as you follow the manufacturer's instructions and take the time to test and calibrate the camera movements.
Can Onvif Control Ptz?
Yes, ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface Forum) is a standard protocol that supports PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) control for compatible devices, including cameras and video management systems.
ONVIF provides a common communication interface that allows different devices from different manufacturers to work together seamlessly. By supporting ONVIF, a PTZ camera can be controlled using an ONVIF-compliant software or device, such as a video management system or PTZ controller.
To use ONVIF for PTZ control, you will need an ONVIF-compliant camera and an ONVIF-compliant software or device that supports PTZ functionality. Once you have connected the camera to the software or device, you can typically use a graphical user interface or virtual joystick to control the camera's pan, tilt, and zoom movements.
It's important to note that while ONVIF provides a standard interface for PTZ control, not all PTZ cameras or software systems may support all of the available features. Additionally, there may be some variation in the specific commands and settings used for PTZ control between different devices and manufacturers, so it's important to refer to the documentation and user guides for your specific equipment.
What Is Ptz Rotation Speed?
PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) rotation speed refers to the speed at which a PTZ camera can move horizontally (pan), vertically (tilt), or zoom in and out. The rotation speed is typically measured in degrees per second (°/s) or degrees per minute (°/min).
The rotation speed of a PTZ camera can vary depending on several factors, including the camera's motor strength, the size and weight of the camera, and the angle of rotation. Some PTZ cameras may offer variable speed control, allowing you to adjust the rotation speed based on the specific needs of your application.
In general, a higher rotation speed can be useful for tracking fast-moving objects or quickly adjusting the camera view. However, excessively high rotation speeds can also lead to motion blur or jerky movements, making it difficult to see fine details or track movements accurately. It's important to balance the rotation speed with the needs of your application to ensure smooth and accurate camera movements.
Can You Control Ptz Camera With Pc?
Yes, it is possible to control a PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) camera with a PC (personal computer) using various methods. Here are some examples:
- PTZ software: Many PTZ cameras come with their own software that allows you to control the camera from your PC. The software may include a graphical user interface or virtual joystick that lets you control the camera's pan, tilt, and zoom movements. The software may also offer additional features, such as presets, tours, and image adjustments.
- Video management software (VMS): A VMS is a software application that is designed to manage multiple cameras and recordings from a single interface. Many VMS platforms offer PTZ control functionality, allowing you to control PTZ cameras from your PC. The PTZ control may be integrated into the VMS interface or available as a separate control panel.
- Third-party PTZ controller: You can also control a PTZ camera from your PC using a third-party PTZ controller. A PTZ controller is a hardware device that connects to your PC via USB or Ethernet and provides a physical joystick or other controls for PTZ camera movements. Many PTZ controllers come with their own software that you can install on your PC to configure and control the device.
Regardless of the method you choose, controlling a PTZ camera from your PC can be a convenient and flexible option, allowing you to adjust camera views and settings from a centralized location.
Can Ptz Camera Follow Motion?
Yes, PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras can be set up to follow motion using various methods. Here are some examples:
- Motion detection: Many PTZ cameras come with built-in motion detection capabilities that can be configured to trigger camera movements when motion is detected in a particular area. The camera may be set to pan, tilt, and zoom in on the area of motion to capture a closer view.
- Intelligent tracking: Some PTZ cameras offer intelligent tracking features that use algorithms to automatically track moving objects. The camera may use image analysis to detect and track moving objects, and then automatically adjust its pan, tilt, and zoom movements to keep the object in view.
- Presets and tours: PTZ cameras often allow you to set up presets or tours that automatically move the camera to predefined positions or areas. You can configure the presets or tours to follow a specific path or pattern, allowing you to capture footage of a moving object as it passes through the camera's field of view.
Overall, the ability of a PTZ camera to follow motion will depend on the specific capabilities of the camera and the settings you configure. Some cameras may offer more advanced motion-tracking features than others, so it's important to review the specifications and capabilities of a particular camera before making a purchase.
Do All Ptz Cameras Have Auto Tracking?
No, not all PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras have auto-tracking capabilities. Auto-tracking is a feature that allows the camera to follow a moving subject automatically, and it requires specialized software and hardware components.
While many modern PTZ cameras may have auto-tracking features, not all models are equipped with this capability. Some PTZ cameras may have a manual tracking mode, which allows the user to control the camera's movement to follow a subject manually.
It's essential to carefully review the specifications and features of a PTZ camera to determine whether it has auto-tracking capabilities. If auto-tracking is an essential feature for your needs, you should select a camera that is designed specifically for that purpose.
The best PTZ camera controller will meet your needs. If you are looking for a controller with more buttons and features, choose a larger model.
On the other hand, if you only need a basic PTZ controller, you can save money by choosing a smaller model. Be sure to read online reviews before you buy to make sure you are getting a quality product.
Leave a Reply