It is true, that smartphones integrate cameras of ever-higher quality, and there are evolved compacts or mirrorless cameras that do not make you regret the DSLRs. But there are details that no camera can match a DSLR: photography professionals and purists will almost certainly tell you about ergonomics and the sensations of use.
If on the one hand it is true that mirrorless cameras have now equaled, and in some ways even surpassed the Reflex, the latter have something more than for a niche of users it is almost impossible to part with them. And when it comes to DSLR cameras, the name of Canon, one of the leading companies in the sector, immediately comes to mind.
Canon is present on the market with numerous models suitable for all types of audiences: from beginners to professionals. If you are approaching the world of photography or you are already an enthusiast and intend to buy a new SLR, here you will find quickly illustrated characteristics and prices of the Canon SLRs currently sold by the Japanese giant.
Best Canon Camera For Video 2022
Canon is known as the brand for professional photographers, but Canon cameras are also becoming increasingly popular.
In recent years, the world’s largest camera manufacturer has established itself as a leader not only in its EOS series for the film but also in the design and manufacture of cameras for professional videographers.
Today, we will discuss video options for Canon’s full-size DSLR and mirrorless cameras, some of which feature the performance and advanced video capabilities of Canon’s EOS Cinema series.
At the same time, they maintain a portable form factor ideal for videographers on the move who need performance and portability.
Best Canon Camera For Video | Comparison Table 2022
5-Star Pick | Great Prices | High Quality
|Canon EOS R5 Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera with 8K Video, 45 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS Sensor, DIGIC X Image Processor, Dual Memory Card Slots, and Up to 12 fps Mechnical Shutter, Body Only||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon EOS R Mirrorless Full Frame Camera w/ RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM Lens Kit - Vlogging Camera 4K, Content Creator Camera, Wi-Fi, 30.3 MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor, Dual Pixel CMOS AF (Body + Lens)||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Frame Digital SLR Camera Body (Renewed)||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon EOS 6D Mark II Digital SLR Camera Body, Wi-Fi Enabled||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II Compact Digital Camera w/ 1 Inch Sensor and 3inch LCD - Wi-Fi, NFC, & Bluetooth Enabled (Black), 6.30in. x 5.70in. x 2.50in.||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon PowerShot Digital Camera [G7 X Mark II] with Wi-Fi & NFC, LCD Screen, and 1-Inch Sensor - Black, 100 - 1066C001||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon EOS M6 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Compact Camera + EF-M 15-45mm F/3.5-6.3 IS STM + EVF Kit, Silver||Canon||Check Price|
|Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens | Built-in Wi-Fi | 24.1 MP CMOS Sensor | DIGIC 4+ Image Processor and Full HD Videos||Canon||Check Price|
Prices and images pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Best Canon Camera For Video | 2022 Products Overview
1. Canon EOS R5 Full-Frame Best Canon Camera For Video
- High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400x1.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps electronic (silent) shutter.
- Dual pixel CMOS AF covering approx. 100% area with 1,053 AF areas.
- Subject tracking of people and animals using deep learning technology.
The Canon EOS R5 is a full-frame mirrorless camera that boasts an impressive set of features for professional photographers and videographers. At the heart of the camera is a 45-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor that delivers exceptional image quality, making it ideal for capturing fine details and vibrant colors. The DIGIC X image processor, combined with an ISO range of 100-51200, further enhances the camera’s capabilities, providing fast and accurate image processing.
One of the standout features of the EOS R5 is its ability to shoot 8K DCI cinematic video with the ability to extract 35.4-megapixel still images. This makes the camera perfect for capturing stunning video footage and taking high-resolution stills. Additionally, the camera offers high-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with a mechanical shutter and up to 20 fps with an electronic (silent) shutter, ensuring you never miss a shot.
The EOS R5 also offers advanced focusing capabilities, including Dual Pixel CMOS AF II which covers approximately 100% of the area with 1,053 AF areas. This makes it easier to track and photograph people, with Eye, Face and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face or eye of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF. The camera also features 5-axis in-body image stabilization which can effectively compensate for camera shake, providing up to 8 stops of stabilization with the use of both non-stabilized and optically image-stabilized lenses. And with connectivity options like 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, you can easily share your photos and videos with others.
- High-resolution 45-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor that delivers exceptional image quality.
- DIGIC X image processor with an ISO range of 100-51200, expandable to 102400, for fast and accurate image processing.
- Ability to shoot 8K DCI cinematic video and extract 35.4-megapixel still images.
- Advanced focusing capabilities with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II, covering 100% of the area with 1,053 AF zones.
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization which can effectively compensate for camera shake.
- High cost of the camera body alone.
- Limited battery life, which may require frequent battery replacement.
- Limited compatibility with older lenses.
2. Canon EOS R Mirrorless Full Frame
- RF Mount Compatible with RF Lenses and EF/EF-S Lenses
- 30.3 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 Manually Selectable AF Points
- 4K 30p with Canon Log and 10-bit 4: 2: 2 HDMI Output
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon Camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output
- Mounting Type: Bayonet
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K UHD 2160p
The Canon EOS R RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM Lens Kit is a high-quality mirrorless camera designed for professional photographers and videographers. The camera features a full-frame CMOS sensor with 30.3 megapixels and DIGIC 8 image processor, which ensures crisp photos and high-resolution videos. Additionally, the camera offers dual-pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 manually selectable AF points, which allows for fast and accurate focusing, particularly useful for capturing fast-moving subjects.
The camera also includes an electronic viewfinder with 3.69 million dots, a vari-angle touchscreen LCD, and a dot-matrix LCD panel, which provides flexibility in composition and shooting angles. Additionally, the camera has a built-in silent electronic shutter mode, which is perfect for shooting in environments where silence is necessary. The kit includes an RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens which is lightweight, compact, and ideal for travel photography. The lens has a max magnification of 0.4x, an aperture of f/4-7.1, and a focal length of 24-105mm, making it versatile for various shooting situations.
The Canon EOS R RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM Lens Kit also includes various accessories such as a wide strap, battery charger, LP-E6N battery pack, cable protector, and IFC-100U interface cable. The camera is designed to work seamlessly with the included RF lens and is also compatible with EF and EF-S lenses with the use of one of three optional mount adapters. The camera's lightweight magnesium camera chassis ensures durability while protecting it from the sun’s rays and it has a USB power adapter PD-E1 for in-camera charging, ensuring that you always have power when you need it.
- High-resolution 30.3 MP full-frame CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor for crisp photos and high-resolution videos.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5,655 manually selectable AF points for fast and accurate focusing.
- RF lens compatibility for easy use with included RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens and optional mount adapters for EF and EF-S lenses.
- Built-in electronic viewfinder with 3.69 million dots and vari-angle touch LCD screen for versatile shooting angles.
- Lightweight and durable magnesium camera chassis with a wide strap for secure carrying and compatibility with a USB power adapter for in-camera charging.
- The lens has a variable aperture range of f/4-7.1, which may not be suitable for low-light situations.
- The camera does not have in-body image stabilization.
- The AF points may decrease when shooting with AF cropping or in movie mode, depending on the camera settings or the lens attached.
3. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Full Frame Digital
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100-32000; expandable up to 50-102400 (equivalent ISO).
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in- camera still frame grab of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p, and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or live view shooting; LCD monitor has a full touchscreen interface, including selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance - up to 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6 plus Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output.
The Canon EOS R RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM Lens kit is a mirrorless camera that offers professional-grade photography and videography capabilities. The camera body features a 30.3 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, ensuring crisp and high-resolution images and videos.
The camera also has Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology, which allows for 5,655 manually selectable AF points* and quick, sharp focus in as little as 0.05 seconds**. This makes it ideal for capturing fast-paced action shots, such as sporting events or wildlife photography.
In addition to its impressive technical specs, the EOS R camera also has a number of convenient features for photographers and videographers. The built-in electronic viewfinder with 3.69 million dots, vari-angle touch LCD screen, and dot-matrix LCD panel gives users the flexibility to shoot from any angle. The camera also has a silent electronic shutter mode, which is perfect for shooting in environments where silence is necessary. The kit also includes an RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM lens, which is lightweight and great for travel or everyday photography.
The camera is also durable and easy to use. It comes with a wide strap for secure carrying, and its lightweight magnesium camera chassis makes it easy to take on the go while protecting it from the sun's rays. The camera is also compatible with USB power adapter PD-E1 for in-camera charging, so you never have to worry about running out of power in the middle of a shoot.
Overall, the Canon EOS R RF24-105mm F4-7.1 IS STM Lens kit is a versatile, high-performing camera that is perfect for professional photographers, videographers, and enthusiasts alike. *Available AF points may decrease when shooting with AF cropping or in movie mode, or depending on camera settings or lens attached **Based on the results of AF speed tests in accordance with CIPA guidelines.
Results may vary depending on shooting conditions and the lens in use. Relies on an internal measurement method.
- High resolution of 30.3 MP for crisp photos and videos
- Fast and precise autofocus with 5,655 selectable AF points
- Built-in electronic viewfinder with 3.69 million dots for versatile shooting
- Silent electronic shutter mode for quiet operation
- Lightweight and compact design, making it great for travel or everyday photography
- The lens may not be fast enough for certain low-light or fast-moving scenes
- The camera is not weather sealed
- The maximum aperture of the lens is only f/4-7.1, which may not be sufficient for certain types of photography
4. Canon EOS 6D Mark II Canon Camera For Video
- 26.2 Megapixel full frame CMOS sensor
- Optical viewfinder with a 45 point all cross type AF system. Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (excluding EF S and EF M lenses)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with phase detection and Full HD 60p
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth low energy
- Vary angle touch screen, 3.0 inch LCD
- Standard Power Supply: Battery Pack LP E6N, LP E6
The Canon EOS 6D Mark II Digital SLR Camera Body is a high-performance camera that is perfect for professional photographers and enthusiasts alike. This camera boasts a 26.2 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor that captures images of 6240 x 4160 pixels with a pixel size of 5.67 µm square for outstanding detail and a superb signal-to-noise ratio. The EOS 6D Mark II’s compact and lightweight design makes high-resolution photography easy and accessible.
The camera features an optical viewfinder with a 45-point all cross-type AF system and is compatible with Canon EF lenses (excluding EF S and EF M lenses). The Dual Pixel CMOS AF with phase detection and Full HD 60p video capabilities make it easy to capture amazing footage. The DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100 40000, and the built-in GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth low energy capabilities make it easy to share your images and videos with others.
The camera's 3.0 inch LCD screen and the Vary-Angle Touchscreen LCD monitor make it easy to compose and review your images. The camera also includes the standard power supply of a Battery pack LP E6N / LP E6. The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is a great choice for photographers and videographers who want a high-performance camera that is easy to use and delivers stunning results.
- High resolution 26.2 megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for detailed and sharp images.
- 45-point All Cross-Type Viewfinder AF system with enhanced low light sensitivity for accurate and fast autofocus.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth and responsive focusing during video or live view shooting.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity, as well as NFC, for easy operation and sharing of images.
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor for improved speed and image quality.
- No 4K video recording capabilities
- The camera’s battery life could be better
- The touchscreen interface could be more responsive
5. Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+
- 19 point cross-type AF System
- Up to 7 fps shooting
- ISO 100-12800, expandable to 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video
- 3 articulating touch panel LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots
- Built-in flash with integrated speedlite transmitter and hot shoe
- Intelligent viewfinder with electronic overlay
- 1080 (30, 25, 24 fps) and 720 (60, 50 fps) HD video (H.264/MPEG-4/MOV)
- Instant sharing and remote control with built-in Wi-Fi and EOS Remote app
- GPS compatible (sold separately)
- Full manual mode in video
- Built-in stereo or external microphone terminal
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card (not included)
The Canon 8469B002 EOS 70D is a high-performance digital SLR camera that features a 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 5+ image processor. This powerful combination ensures high-resolution images and excellent low-light sensitivity, making it ideal for shooting in a variety of lighting conditions. The camera's DIGIC 5+ processor also provides notable speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to record up to 7 fps in full resolution, quickened AF speeds, and full HD 1080p video recording.
One of the most notable features of the EOS 70D is its revolutionary autofocus technology, Dual Pixel CMOS AF. This technology allows the EOS 70D to capture video in Live View with smooth and precise autofocus similar to that of a camcorder, while also providing fast and accurate autofocus during Live View still image capture. The camera also features a 3.0-inch Clear View II touchscreen LCD monitor with a vari-angle design, which enables more efficient shooting and viewing from both high and low angles.
In addition to its advanced imaging capabilities, the EOS 70D also offers a range of connectivity options, including built-in wireless technology and the EOS Remote app, which enable easy sharing of images and videos. The camera is also compatible with 103 Canon EF lenses, greatly expanding creative possibilities. Overall, the Canon 8469B002 EOS 70D is a powerful, versatile camera that offers exceptional image quality and advanced autofocus technology, making it an ideal choice for photographers of all skill levels.
- High-resolution 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+ image processor for clear and detailed imagery.
- 19-point cross-type AF system for fast and accurate autofocus.
- Up to 7 fps shooting for fast action and continuous shooting.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth and precise autofocus in live view and video.
- 3″ articulating touch panel LCD screen with 1,040,000 dots for easy composition and viewing.
- The camera is sold without a lens, so users will need to purchase one separately.
- The 3″ screen may be too small for some users.
- The camera is not weather-sealed, so it may not be suitable for use in harsh conditions.
6. Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II
- 1.0 Inch, 20.1 Megapixel High sensitivity CMOS sensor
- Digic 7 image processor
- Ultra slim, lightweight and pocket size camera
- Autofocus One shot AF, Servo AF Manual Focus
- PowerShot G9 X Mark II cameras fast capture (up to 8.2 fps) can help save the moment you want.Bluetooth 4.1
- Beauty and style outside. Advanced technology inside. Whether youre snapping an unforgettable moment on the go or recording an epic video with your friends
- PowerShot G9 X Mark II camera combines an ultra-slim design with high-performing features for incredible image quality and easy portability
The Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II is a compact digital camera that features a 1-inch, 20.1-megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 7 image processor. This camera is ultra-slim and lightweight, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
The camera's autofocus system includes one-shot AF and Servo AF, as well as manual focus. With the ability to capture images at up to 8.2 fps, you can be sure to never miss a moment. The camera also includes special features such as fireworks, fish-eye effects, handheld night, miniature effects, portraits, and toy camera effects.
In addition to its impressive image quality, the PowerShot G9 X Mark II also includes built-in Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, and Wi-Fi connectivity, allowing you to easily share your photos and videos with others. The camera's 3-inch LCD screen makes it easy to compose and review your shots. With its pocket-size and powerful features, the Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II is a great choice for anyone looking for a compact, high-performing camera.
- Compact and pocket-size design making it easy to carry and travel with
- High-performing features for incredible image quality
- Special features such as fireworks, fish-eye effect, handheld night, miniature effect, portrait, and toy camera effect
- Fast capture of up to 8.2 fps
- Bluetooth 4.1 allows for easy connectivity to other devices
- The optical zoom is only 3x which may not be enough for some users
- The 3-inch LCD screen may be small for some users
- The battery life is not specified, which may be a concern for some users
7. Canon PowerShot Digital Camera G7 X Mark II
- The advanced video capabilities of the PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera can capture moments in the quality they deserve
- Features a large 1.0 inch, 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor that helps capture high quality images and videos with a wide dynamic range. The Autofocus system features tile autofocus and manual focus. The operating temperature is 0 to 40 degrees Celsius. Note charging time varies considerably depending on the remaining battery power
- An aperture value of f/1.8 at the wide-angle and f/2.8 when fully zoomed to a factor of 4.2x (24-100 millimeter), this lens is equipped to capture a variety of situations with precision
- High resolution, 3.0 inches LCD monitor that tilts up 180 degrees and down 45 degrees is ideal for self-portraits and capturing pictures at high and low angles with ease
- Built in WiFi for on the go convenience and the ability to easily post your images to select social networking and media sites
- With the ability to shoot continuously at up to 8 fps, it can help you capture incredible images with nearly no time wasted
- ADJUSTABLE, PACKABLE HOOD | Attached, the adjustable hood can be rolled into the collar when not in use
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR FIT | Drawcord hem and adjustable VELCRO cuffs prevent leaks and block drafts
- Center back length - 33 inches. Handy pockets
The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II is a compact digital camera that offers advanced features for capturing high-quality images and videos. The camera features a large 1.0-inch, 20.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor that helps capture wide dynamic range images and videos. It has an autofocus system that includes both tile autofocus and manual focus and is capable of operating in temperatures ranging from 0 to 40 degrees Celsius. The camera has an aperture value of f/1.8 at the wide angle and f/2.8 when fully zoomed to a factor of 4.2x (24-100 millimeters), making it suitable for capturing a variety of situations with precision.
The PowerShot G7 X Mark II also features a high-resolution, 3.0-inch LCD monitor that tilts up 180 degrees and down 45 degrees, making it ideal for self-portraits and capturing pictures at high and low angles with ease. The camera also has built-in WiFi and NFC, allowing for on-the-go convenience and the ability to easily post your images to select social networking and media sites. The camera is also capable of shooting continuously at up to 8 fps, allowing you to capture incredible images with nearly no time wasted.
The PowerShot G7 X Mark II camera is a great option for those who are looking for a compact camera with advanced features. It is ideal for travel, events, and anywhere on the go, or as a secondary camera. With its high-performance sensor, bright lens, and advanced image processing, the PowerShot G7 X Mark II can help you capture inspiring images and videos and share them with ease.
It has built-in WiFi and NFC and in-camera RAW conversion, it offers increased flexibility and convenience. It is also equipped with an adjustable and packable hood, making it easy to use in different lighting conditions.
- High resolution: The camera features a large 1.0-inch, 20.1-megapixel CMOS sensor that helps capture high-quality images and videos with a wide dynamic range.
- Fast autofocus: The autofocus system on this camera features tile autofocus and manual focus, allowing you to quickly capture the perfect shot.
- Versatile lens: The camera has an aperture value of f/1.8 at the wide angle and f/2.8 when fully zoomed to a factor of 4.2x (24-100 millimeters), making it ideal for capturing a variety of situations with precision.
- Convenient connectivity: The camera is built with WiFi for on-the-go convenience and the ability to easily post your images to select social networking and media sites.
- High-speed continuous shooting: The camera can shoot continuously at up to 8 fps, helping you capture incredible images with nearly no time wasted.
- Battery life: The camera’s battery life may not be long enough for some users, which can be inconvenient when trying to capture extended video or multiple images.
- Price: The camera’s price might be high compared to other similar products, which can be a con for some buyers.
- Operating temperature: Operating temperature is limited, which may cause problem during extreme weather conditions.
8. Canon EOS M6 Mark II
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE tracking
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5, 481 manually selectable AF positions, and eye AF Servo support
- 4K UHD 30P/ Full HD 129P video
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your Canon camera into a high-quality webcam, or do the same using a clean HDMI output.
The Canon EOS M6 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Compact Camera is a versatile and portable option for everyday photography adventures. This camera features an enhanced 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, a DIGIC 8 image processor, and an ISO range of 100-25600 (expandable to 51200) that makes it easy to capture sharp, inspiring images and videos. The camera's high-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps, with AF/AE tracking, allows for quick and easy capturing of fast-moving subjects.
The camera's AF technology, including touch & Drag AF, works in tandem with an optional electronic viewfinder, eye detection AF, and dual Pixel CMOS AF helping you quickly lock focus on fast-moving subjects. Additionally, it offers beautifully-rendered uncropped 4K 30P videos, making it an ideal choice for video enthusiasts. The EOS M6 Mark II camera also offers an electronic shutter that helps you silently capture images, perfect for quiet settings such as dance recitals, school concerts, or presentations.
In terms of portability and versatility, the EOS M6 Mark II camera is equipped with an interchangeable lens system, and with its compact size, it can be easily taken with you wherever you go. The camera package comes with an EF-M 15-45mm F/3.5-6.3 IS STM and EVF kit that complements the camera's features. Overall, the Canon EOS M6 Mark II Mirrorless Digital Compact Camera is a great option for anyone looking for a high-quality camera that is easy to use and portable.
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 14 fps with AF/AE tracking.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with 5, 481 manually selectable AF positions, and eye AF Servo support.
- 4K UHD 30P/ Full HD 129P video.
- Can be used as a high-quality webcam using the EOS Utility Webcam Beta software.
- No built-in image stabilization.
- No headphone jack for audio monitoring during video recording.
- Battery life could be better.
9. Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with is 100–6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF
- Optical Viewfinder with approx 95% viewing coverage
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
The Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera is a great option for beginners looking to take their photography to the next level. It features a 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor that is capable of capturing high-quality images, even in low-light situations. The camera also has a wide ISO range of 100-6400 (H: 12800), making it versatile and adaptable to different shooting conditions.
One of the standout features of the EOS Rebel T7 is its built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology, which allows for easy sharing of photos and videos and remote control of the camera from a smartphone or tablet. Additionally, the camera has a 9-point AF system and AI Servo AF, which helps to ensure that the focus is sharp and accurate.
The camera also has an optical viewfinder with approximately 95% viewing coverage, which allows for a clear and bright view of the scene being captured. The camera also has the ability to shoot in different modes such as Landscape, portrait mode, close-up, night portrait, food, and sports mode. Furthermore, The EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) can turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam, which is a great feature for videographers.
- 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor provides high-quality images.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology allow for easy sharing and remote control of the camera.
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF allow for accurate and fast autofocus.
- An optical Viewfinder with approximately 95% viewing coverage allows for precise composition.
- Compatible with Canon EF lenses, including EF-S lenses, for a wide range of shooting options.
- No 4K video recording capability.
- No touch screen or advanced features that may be found on more professional cameras.
- Does not support EF-M lenses.
What are The Best Canon Camera For Video | Unrivaled Guide 2022
Let's now move on to more general notions. After helping you to clarify the nomenclature used by the Japanese giant, I give you some tips to start choosing a Reflex model that suits your specific needs.
APS-C, Full Frame
The first thing you need to know is the distinction between APS-C and Full Frame sensors. The sensor is a processor made up of photodiodes that capture the light collected by the lenses and transform it into digital data. The quality of a camera is largely determined by the combination of sensor and lens, and the sensor plays a fundamental role. The most popular Canon DSLRs are APS-C sensors and Full Frame sensors.
- Canon Full Frame DSLRs - as you may have already guessed from the previous paragraphs, Full Frame sensors are the most advanced and the most expensive. They have an area of 24 × 36 mm, equivalent to a 35 mm film format. These sensors are best, especially in low light and high ISO conditions.
- Canon APS-C DSLRs - are the most popular DSLRs, but they are cheaper than Full Frame, offering lower quality. These models boast excellent value for money and have a 23x15mm sensor which is still a good size. With Canon SLRs, if you use Full Frame lenses, you need to calculate a crop ratio of 1.6x to estimate the actual focal length of the lens on the APS-C SLR.
Resolution is an important feature, but not essential to ensure good shooting quality. On Reflex cameras it is measured in megapixels, and many mistakenly believe that this characteristic is directly proportional to the quality of the photographs emitted. In reality, the question is more complex, and to determine the quality of the shot there are several variables that combine to achieve a perfect shot.
The term Megapixel simply means the number of pixels that make up each photograph taken with a particular sensor, but the real resolving power is given by various factors such as the effectiveness of the lens and resistance to high ISO when it is dark. With a 16 MP machine (so not a lot) it is possible to churn out 30 × 40 cm prints with excellent visual quality, so overdoing it isn't always better.
When choosing a new SLR, one of the first things you need to look at is the supported lens types. In the case of Canon, the choice is very simple: if you buy a Reflex APS-C you can install both EF mount lenses and EF-S lenses.
If, on the other hand, you buy a Reflex Full Frame, you can only and exclusively install the EFs. In short, EF lenses are the ones designed for Full Frame cameras (so they can be applied on APS-C with 1.6X crop factor), EF-S lenses are designed for EF-S cameras.
You can mount both genuine Canon lenses and third-party lenses, with a choice that becomes truly extensive.
All SLR cameras are now able to focus automatically, with a technology that is called auto-focus. By setting an arbitrary point, or by letting the camera choose directly, a DSLR can lock onto it and focus precisely at the distance where that subject is. You can also set manual focus if you want.
The speed of auto-focus is a very important feature in some situations: for example when you want to photograph moving objects, sports and animals, a camera with a good auto-focus can provide you with a flawless photo, while if it is not fast enough you will only offer photographs to be thrown away without the possibility of correction even in post-production.
Each camera has different focus points in the sensor, so you can lock onto subjects in different areas. The higher the number, the more accurately you can follow smaller objects as they move.
Another parameter in which DSLRs have always been very strong (even if mirrorless cameras have now surpassed them) is the shutter speed. By selecting appropriate modes, you can keep the shutter button pressed to allow the camera to take a series of images in quick succession. This succession is called, jargon, burst.
But what exactly is this function for? Imagine having to photograph a subject approaching, or running in front of you. If you wanted to focus on it and then take the correct photo, you would waste a lot of time and it would be very difficult to capture the moment you want. With a quick burst, the problem is almost completely solved.
You can in fact focus, let the camera keep selecting auto-focus with small variations for each shot, and keep shooting different frames. Inevitably there will be some imperfect ones, but many of them will be usable and perfectly focused. And in the end you can choose the best!
There are really many other features in a DSLR and it would be impossible to list them all in one guide. For example, RAW files, are "raw" files that integrate all the data that the sensor is able to collect in a scene. This allows a decidedly extensive and advanced modification if you decide to discard the JPG files that the camera offers you and personally carry out the post-production with special software.
Quality at high ISO is one of the factors that determines the beauty of low-light shots. This is a feature that all the major photography technical sites consider in their tests, so if you want to know this aspect of a camera I suggest you read the reviews you find on the Internet and get an idea in advance.
Canon DSLRs can also record video in Full HD (1920 × 1080 pixels), at 30, 60, or more frames per second. Some newer and higher-end models also support 4K Ultra HD resolution (3840x2160 pixels). Other terms you may come across on an SLR are "ring", which is the small wheel for controlling settings; or “flash”, which is often integrated. In many cases, you can also install a more powerful and versatile one through a comfortable slide.
The most recent cameras can also connect to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, pairing with a smartphone or other devices even via NFC, and SD cards are obviously used to save the photographs.
The main components
The quality of the shots is tied to that the components with which Canon digital cameras are built. The camera body, sensor, display, viewfinder, and flash: are the elements we will talk about below. We have dedicated a separate section to the objectives.
The entry-level compact cameras of the IXUS family, it is made almost entirely of polycarbonate while the most advanced Canon reflex cameras are made of magnesium alloy. We refer to the camera body, the supporting structure of the camera which, in the case of reflex and mirrorless cameras, allows us to release and replace the lenses.
The top machines are built in magnesium alloy with the aim of lightening the weight. But the solidity factor also benefits from this structural feature. And the same models are equipped with a tropicalized body, which is resistant to dust, splashes, and impacts.
With the transition from analog cameras to digital cameras , it is no longer the film that captures the image but the sensor. There are two types of sensors used in Canon machines: CCD and CMOS. The first finds space on the cheaper models while the second, much faster and more advanced, on the best Canon cameras For Video.
Its size also affects the performance of the sensor, based on the rule that the bigger the better. Thus, full frame 24x36 mm sensors are placed on top reflex cameras . Mirrorless and intermediate reflex cameras, on the other hand, can count on the smaller APS-Cs.
The display on the back of the camera allows us to navigate the menu, see what we are framing and view the shots taken. In the compact economy, it has a size of 2.7 inches which can increase considerably in the high-end models. In addition, these machines offer touch-type displays. Finally, the adjustable screens of some mirrorless cameras of the EOS R series are very comfortable.
Bringing the eye closer to the viewfinder, we will see what the camera is framing. But only reflex cameras, equipped with lenses inside, are able to reproduce the image in the most faithful way. On the other hand, we have compact cameras that are totally devoid of a viewfinder. Halfway there is the mirrorless, equipped with an electronic viewfinder. We are talking, in practice, of a microdisplay that takes the place of the optical viewfinder.
Present on all cameras in the Canon range, the flash has the responsibility of illuminating the scene when it is dark. If in the most powerful cameras the range of the flash is very large, in the compact base it is often ineffective. This is because we are talking about a flash integrated into the camera body but not removable, a feature present only on reflex, mirrorless, and advanced compacts of the Powershot series.
Weight, dimensions and construction materials
The advantages of the interchangeable lens
Best Canon Camera For Video | Infographics
Best Canon Camera For Video | Video Explanation
What are the Popular Canon mirrorless cameras:?
Canon EOS R
Canon EOS R6
What is a Reflex?
Let's start by understanding what a Reflex is . Also called DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex), the Reflex is a type of camera with interchangeable lenses. There are therefore two elements: the body, where the main elements such as the sensor, the viewfinder, and the mirror system reside; and the lens, which integrates the lens system that receives the light inside the body and manipulates it to obtain realistic images.
The strength of a Reflex is ergonomics, but also and above all the ability to change lenses based on shooting needs. If you want to photograph landscapes I recommend an ultra-wide or wide-angle lens; while for portraits you will prefer a telephoto lens. If, on the other hand, you are a do-it-all photographer and don't want to burden yourself with so many lenses, there are also zooms with variable focal lengths.
Which Canon Camera Is Best For Video?
Canon has several cameras that are popular choices for video production, depending on your needs and budget. Here are a few Canon cameras that are well-regarded for their video capabilities:
- Canon EOS R5: The Canon EOS R5 is a full-frame mirrorless camera that is highly regarded for its video capabilities. It can shoot 8K video at 30 fps, 4K video at up to 120 fps, and features advanced autofocus and image stabilization.
- Canon EOS R6: The Canon EOS R6 is another full-frame mirrorless camera that is popular for video production. It can shoot 4K video at up to 60 fps, features advanced autofocus, and has in-body image stabilization.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV: The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV is a DSLR that is a popular choice for video production. It can shoot 4K video at up to 30 fps, features a robust autofocus system, and is well-regarded for its image quality.
- Canon EOS 90D: The Canon EOS 90D is an APS-C DSLR that is popular for video production, especially for vloggers and content creators. It can shoot 4K video at up to 30 fps, features advanced autofocus, and has a fully articulating touchscreen display.
Overall, the best Canon camera for video production depends on your specific needs and budget, but any of these cameras is a solid choice for high-quality video production.
Which Camera Is Best For Video Recording?
There are many great cameras for video recording, and the best camera for you will depend on your specific needs and budget. However, here are a few popular cameras that are highly regarded for their video capabilities:
- Sony A7S III: The Sony A7S III is a full-frame mirrorless camera that is highly regarded for its video capabilities. It can shoot 4K video at up to 120 fps, features excellent autofocus and low-light performance, and has in-body image stabilization.
- Canon EOS R5: The Canon EOS R5 is another full-frame mirrorless camera that is popular for video production. It can shoot 8K video at 30 fps, 4K video at up to 120 fps, and features advanced autofocus and image stabilization.
- Panasonic GH5/GH5S: The Panasonic GH5 and GH5S are Micro Four Thirds cameras that are highly regarded for their video capabilities. They can shoot 4K video at up to 60 fps, feature excellent autofocus and image stabilization, and have many advanced video features.
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K: The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K is a cinema camera that is highly regarded for its video capabilities. It can shoot 6K video at up to 50 fps, features excellent dynamic range and color science, and has many advanced video features.
These are just a few examples of cameras that are great for video recording, and there are many other options out there depending on your needs and budget. It's important to do your research and choose a camera that fits your specific requirements for video production.
Which Canon Is Best For Youtube Videos?
There are several Canon cameras that are great for shooting YouTube videos, depending on your budget and specific needs. Here are a few options:
- Canon EOS M50 Mark II: The Canon EOS M50 Mark II is a compact mirrorless camera that is well-suited for shooting YouTube videos. It has a flip-out touchscreen display that makes it easy to frame yourself while vlogging, can shoot 4K video at up to 24 fps, and has good autofocus performance.
- Canon EOS Rebel T8i: The Canon EOS Rebel T8i is an entry-level DSLR camera that is a great option for beginner YouTube creators. It has a vari-angle touchscreen display, can shoot 4K video at up to 24 fps, and has good autofocus performance.
- Canon EOS 90D: The Canon EOS 90D is a mid-range DSLR camera that is well-suited for shooting YouTube videos. It has a flip-out touchscreen display, can shoot 4K video at up to 30 fps, and has excellent autofocus performance.
- Canon EOS R5: The Canon EOS R5 is a high-end mirrorless camera that is ideal for professional YouTube creators. It has a flip-out touchscreen display, can shoot 8K video at up to 30 fps, and has advanced autofocus performance.
These are just a few examples of Canon cameras that are great for shooting YouTube videos. It's important to consider your specific needs and budget when choosing a camera and to do your research to find the best option for you.
Is Canon 7d Good For Video?
The Canon 7D is a DSLR camera that was released in 2009, and while it was highly regarded as a still photography camera, its video capabilities are limited compared to modern cameras. While the 7D can shoot video up to 1080p resolution, it lacks some of the features that are common in modern cameras that are specifically designed for video, such as clean HDMI output, focus peaking, and high bitrate recording. Additionally, the 7D's autofocus system for video is not as advanced as newer cameras.
That being said, the 7D can still be used to shoot decent video, especially if you are on a tight budget or already own the camera. It has manual controls that allow for adjustments to exposure, shutter speed, and aperture, and its large sensor size can provide a shallow depth of field for a cinematic look. However, if you are specifically looking for a camera for video, there are more modern options available that are better suited for that purpose.
Does Canon Have A 4k Camera?
Yes, Canon has several 4K cameras in its product lineup, including both DSLR and mirrorless cameras. Some popular examples of Canon 4K cameras include:
- Canon EOS R5: This is a high-end mirrorless camera that can shoot 8K video as well as 4K video up to 120 frames per second (fps).
- Canon EOS R6: This is a more affordable mirrorless camera that can shoot 4K video up to 60 fps.
- Canon EOS-1D X Mark III: This is a professional DSLR camera that can shoot 4K video up to 60 fps.
- Canon EOS 90D: This is an APS-C DSLR camera that can shoot 4K video up to 30 fps.
These cameras offer a range of features and capabilities and are suitable for different types of users and applications. If you are interested in a Canon camera with 4K video capabilities, it is important to research and compares different models to find the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Is Canon 90d Good For Filmmaking?
The Canon EOS 90D is a versatile DSLR camera that can be used for filmmaking, but it may not be the best option for professional-level video production. Here are some of the key features and capabilities of the Canon 90D that are relevant for filmmaking:
- 4K Video: The 90D can shoot 4K video at up to 30 fps, which is suitable for high-resolution footage. However, it has some limitations in terms of recording time and crop factor.
- Dual Pixel Autofocus: The 90D has Canon's Dual Pixel Autofocus system, which provides smooth and accurate autofocus during video recording.
- Articulating Touchscreen: The camera has a vari-angle touchscreen that can be tilted and rotated for easy framing and focus control.
- External Mic Input: The 90D has a 3.5mm microphone input for attaching an external microphone to improve audio quality.
While the Canon 90D has some useful features for filmmaking, it may not be the best choice for more advanced or professional video production. Some of the limitations of the 90D for filmmaking include its limited recording time, relatively low bit rate for 4K video, and lack of professional-level video features like log profiles and high frame rate options. However, for casual video shooting or vlogging, the 90D could be a good option due to its versatile features and affordable price point.
Which Is Better 4k Or Hd Video Camera?
4K video cameras capture video with a higher resolution than HD video cameras. Specifically, 4K video has a resolution of approximately 3840 x 2160 pixels, while HD video has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. This means that 4K video cameras can capture more detail and produce sharper, clearer images than HD video cameras.
However, whether 4K or HD is "better" for video recording depends on your needs and the purpose of your videos. For example, if you are a professional videographer or filmmaker and require the highest possible quality for your videos, 4K may be the better option. 4K videos can be downscaled to HD resolution, which can provide more detail and sharpness in the final product.
On the other hand, if you are a casual user and primarily shoot videos for personal use, HD may be sufficient for your needs. HD video cameras tend to be less expensive than 4K cameras, and the files take up less storage space on your devices.
In summary, 4K video cameras can capture higher quality video than HD cameras, but whether 4K or HD is "better" for you depends on your specific needs and purposes for the videos.
Is Dslr Camera Good For Video?
Yes, DSLR cameras can be very good for video. In recent years, many DSLR cameras have added advanced video capabilities and have become popular choices for videographers and filmmakers. DSLR cameras have larger sensors than most camcorders, which allows for greater control over depth of field, resulting in a more cinematic look. They also offer interchangeable lenses, which provide more creative flexibility in terms of framing and composition.
Many DSLR cameras now offer features specifically designed for video, such as manual focus assist, zebra patterns to indicate overexposure, and high-quality audio recording capabilities. Some newer models also include features such as 4K video recording and slow-motion video.
That being said, while DSLR cameras can be good for video, they do have some limitations. DSLRs are typically designed primarily for still photography and may not offer the same level of video-specific features and functionality as dedicated video cameras. They can also be heavier and more cumbersome to use for extended video shoots, and they may suffer from issues such as overheating or limited battery life.
Which Camera Is Used By Youtubers?
There are many different cameras used by YouTubers, as the best camera for YouTube videos will depend on the content creator's needs and preferences. However, some of the most popular cameras used by YouTubers include:
Canon EOS R5: This mirrorless camera offers high-resolution video recording, autofocus tracking, and in-body image stabilization.
Sony A7 III: This mirrorless camera offers 4K video recording, excellent low-light performance, and in-body image stabilization.
Panasonic GH5: This mirrorless camera offers 4K video recording at up to 60fps, 10-bit color depth, and in-body image stabilization.
Canon EOS M50 Mark II: This compact mirrorless camera offers 4K video recording, autofocus tracking, and a flip-out touchscreen display for vlogging.
Sony ZV-1: This compact camera is designed specifically for vlogging, with features such as a flip-out screen, a built-in ND filter, and excellent autofocus.
GoPro Hero 9: This action camera offers 5K video recording, a front-facing screen for vlogging, and rugged durability for outdoor activities.
Again, the best camera for YouTube videos will depend on the content creator's specific needs and preferences, as well as their budget.
We hope that after reading this guide on the best Canon cameras For Video, you can easily find your desired product at the best rates there. For any queries, you can contact us. Our team will respond to all your queries
Leave a Reply